CANYON LAKE (2-1) AT SMITHVILLE (2-1)
FISCHER — The 2019 Battle of the Backbone between Canyon Lake and Wimberley is shaping up to be one of the most anticipated matchups in the rivalry’s young history.
On Tuesday night, Canyon and Antonian treated the crowd at the Cougar Den to a back-and-forth battle that lasted roughly two hours and 40 minutes.
PFLUGERVILLE — If Canyon Lake’s non-district matchup with Pflugerville Weiss on Friday night was made into a Hollywood thriller, it would be directed by M. Night Shyamalan.
FISCHER — Six of Canyon Lake’s 10 games this season will be played somewhere other than the friendly confines of Hawk Stadium in Fischer.
SAN ANTONIO — Smithson Valley went 4-2 overall during its time at the North East ISD Tournament in San Antonio and wrapped up Saturday’s tripleheader with a pair of wins and a loss.
FISCHER — For Canyon Lake senior setter Cassidy Felps, portions of the 2018 volleyball season left she and her teammates feeling a bit underwhelmed.
FISCHER — Canyon Lake softball’s transition to a new league in 2019 may not have led to a repeat trip to the postseason, but the Lady Hawks’ accomplishments within District 28-4A didn’t go unnoticed.
FISCHER — Though the Hawks came up short of qualifying for a spot in the Class 4A playoffs, there were numerous highlights to celebrate throughout the 2019 campaign.
- New Braunfels ER closes its doors
- Highways that bind New Braunfels and Seguin a focus for future
- Airport growth lifts economic prospects in NB, Seguin
- Deborah Ann Moeller
- Pieces of the Bourdain legacy will arrive in New Braunfels
- Temporary deal saves lakes from drain
- Seguin man guilty of assaulting New Braunfels police officer
- GBRA's lake drain plan facing pushback from all directions
- Mark Richard Kensing
- Le Citron brings Europe to NB