Canyon senior Lauren Woitena didn’t spend much time focusing on birthday candles Tuesday night at the Cougar Den.
On Tuesday night, Canyon and Antonian treated the crowd at the Cougar Den to a back-and-forth battle that lasted roughly two hours and 40 minutes.
While it hasn’t all been smooth sailing for Canyon throughout the first month of the 2019 season, the Cougarettes have displayed the ability to answer the bell time and again.
After opening Friday’s slate with a two-match slide, Canyon righted the ship in its finale against Round Rock to move into today’s silver bracket at the Cougar Den.
The Cougarettes were well on their way to an 11th consecutive tournament victory Thursday at Fraulein Volleyfest after dispatching both Arlington and Corpus Christi Calallen in short order.
For over four decades, the opening month of the high school volleyball season in New Braunfels has been marked by a Texas-sized tournament co-hosted by the Lady Unicorns and Cougarettes.
POTH — New Braunfels Christian Academy surged to its eighth and ninth wins of the season Tuesday night in Poth by sweeping the host Pirettes and Jourdanton in a non-district dual match.
- New Braunfels ER closes its doors
- Highways that bind New Braunfels and Seguin a focus for future
- Airport growth lifts economic prospects in NB, Seguin
- Deborah Ann Moeller
- Pieces of the Bourdain legacy will arrive in New Braunfels
- Temporary deal saves lakes from drain
- Seguin man guilty of assaulting New Braunfels police officer
- GBRA's lake drain plan facing pushback from all directions
- Mark Richard Kensing
- Le Citron brings Europe to NB