A good goalkeeper can make finding the back of the net quite a chore.
CIBOLO — Behind a monster night from Josh Malone, who finished with a game-high 40 points, Canyon nearly pulled off the upset of the season Tuesday night in Cibolo.
The Cougarettes stayed with Steele for a quarter of play Tuesday night at home, but the Lady Knights built a sizable lead throughout the contest while registering a 71-49 triumph in District 26-6A competition.
The Cougarettes seized control of Tuesday night’s District 26-6A matchup against East Central during the early stages and never let up during an impressive 53-27 victory at Canyon High School.
The Canyon girls basketball team erased a 14-5 deficit after the first quarter and came all the way back to defeat Clemens 36-34 Friday night at home in District 26-6A competition.
The Smithson Valley boys basketball team’s breakout season continued Tuesday night on the road as the Rangers recorded a 61-49 triumph over Canyon.
A 20-0 run that spanned portions of the third and fourth quarters ignited New Braunfels Friday night during a 52-38 victory against Canyon in the District 26-6A opener for both teams.
- One woman dead, another arrested in stabbing death
- City to uncover time capsule buried in 70s
- NB grad becomes finalist in Walt Disney Imagineering competition
- Death penalty case would be first for Guadalupe County
- New Braunfels turns 25 — part two
- Patrick “Pat” Darden Mathis, DVM
- Restaurant’s Walnut and I-35 location closing for renovations
- Mixed-use development ahead for old NBU digs
- Police investigating stabbing death
- Haas earns 2019 Distinguished Young Leader Award
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.