Friday night’s match between Canyon and New Braunfels proved once again why there’s no substitute for hometown rivalries.
SAN ANTONIO — By the time Madison finally got a first down Thursday night, Smithson Valley had tallied four scores and was well on its way to a 44-0 non-district victory at Heroes Stadium.
FISCHER — The 2019 Battle of the Backbone between Canyon Lake and Wimberley is shaping up to be one of the most anticipated matchups in the rivalry’s young history.
On Tuesday night, Canyon and Antonian treated the crowd at the Cougar Den to a back-and-forth battle that lasted roughly two hours and 40 minutes.
BULVERDE — After suffering a 48-20 loss to Dallas Lakehill Prep in its 2019 opener, defending TAPPS Six-Man Division II state champ Bracken Christian defeated Round Rock Concordia 58-40 this past Friday night at home.
PFLUGERVILLE — If Canyon Lake’s non-district matchup with Pflugerville Weiss on Friday night was made into a Hollywood thriller, it would be directed by M. Night Shyamalan.
- New Braunfels ER closes its doors
- GBRA's lake drain plan facing pushback from all directions
- Highways that bind New Braunfels and Seguin a focus for future
- Airport growth lifts economic prospects in NB, Seguin
- ETJ swap, lake support strengthen NB, Seguin
- Deborah Ann Moeller
- Carol G. Watson
- Growth means more routes, more riders for CISD buses
- Anna Reinshagen
- Seguin man guilty of assaulting New Braunfels police officer