Comal County Commissioners will spend Thursday reconciling line-item expenditures in the 2018 budget along with other routine items when they meet at 8:30 a.m. Thursday in Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza in New Braunfels.
Commissioners will consider a budget amendment that designates $492,304 as a line item transfer to settle negative account balances due to accruals related to payroll and unanticipated expenditures committed in 2018 that were paid in 2019.
Jessie Rahe, county auditor, said the adjustments are necessary as part of the county’s 2018 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, and do not use fund balance reserves. Commissioners on Thursday will consider applying 2019 contingency funding for various departmental expenditures.
After approving weekly claims, entertaining comments from citizens, and receiving reports from county staffers and elected officials on items of community interest, commissioners on Thursday will also discuss and consider approving:
• Acceptance of $2,000 in donations for the sheriff’s office’s Junior Deputy Academy.
• Amended plats combining lots in portions of the Vintage Oaks at the Vineyard and Mystic Shores subdivisions.
• A contract with HHM & Associates, Inc. for professional services on behalf of the Comal County Historical Commission.
• Appointment of an unpaid reserve deputy constable in Precinct 2.
• Precinct 3 Constable’s office participation in the state’s Law Enforcement Support Program.
• Awarding a contract for inmate medical and pharmacy services.
Thursday’s meeting will be live streamed to the public. To access the video and this week’s agenda, visit www.co.comal.tx.us/agenda.htm.