Comal County Commissioners will consider approving funding to upgrade countywide radio communications and discuss contracting jail inmate health and pharmacy services when they meet at 8:30 a.m. Thursday in Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza in New Braunfels.
Commissioners in December approved $5 million to upgrade countywide wireless communications and Motorola equipment as part of the Comal County Wide Radio System Project. Thursday’s budget amendment appropriates $158,000 for initial Motorola project costs and six months of leases of new wireless towers throughout the county.
Also, commissioners will consider authorizing negotiations with companies submitting bids for pharmacy and medical services at the county jail after the current agreement with the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston expires in August.
Commissioners will also consider appropriating $100,000 in Texas Veterans Commission grant funding for county Veterans Treatment Court operations, including salary and expenses for a full-time court coordinator, for 2019-20.
Along with entertaining comments from citizens and reports from county staffers and elected officials on items of community interest, commissioners on Thursday will also discuss and consider approving:
• A proclamation recognizing Comal County Historical Commission for receiving the Texas Historical Commission’s 2018 Distinguished Service Award.
• A public hearing prior to considering approval of installations of parking signage at Canyon Lake Boat Ramp No. 1.
• Amended plats combining lots in portions of the Vintage Oaks at the Vineyard and Woodlands subdivisions; acceptance of construction of roads and storm water drainage improvements in another section of Vintage Oaks at the Vineyard, releasing developer surety and acceptance of roads into the county’s road system.
• Final plat approval for Action Fuels Inc.’s future location, including acceptance of dedicated public right-of-way as frontage along Farm-to-Market Road 311.
• The treasurer’s monthly report for May 2019.
• Three refunds ad valorem tax overpayments or erroneous payments in excess of $2,500.
• An interlocal agreement with the city of Spring Branch for county maintenance of low water crossing equipment in the city.
• A supplemental agreement with Camo Farms, Inc. for county green waste mulching services.
• Appointments of two individuals to the county’s Child Welfare Board.
• A resolution authorizing the sale of county property.
• A line-item budget transfer to purchase a wireless presentation system and five micro computers for the courthouse conference room and Commissioners Court chambers.
Thursday’s meeting will be live streamed to the public. To access the video and this week’s agenda, visit www.co.comal.tx.us/agenda.htm.