Comal County Commissioners had a relatively quick session in approving final line-item budget transfers ahead of the county’s 2018 financial report along with several routine items during their weekly meeting Thursday.
Commissioners approved a budget amendment for $492,304 to correct payroll and other expenditures that were on the books for 2018 but paid in 2019. County Auditor Jessie Rahe said the measure transferred line-items into their correct categories prior to filing the county’s 2018 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
Commissioners also approved several items involving the 2019 budget, including $31,391 for projected liability insurance and $4,500 for radio accessories for 59 corrections officers, which will be hired before the new county jail opens this fall.
Purchasing Director Ramona Womack received the go-ahead to negotiate a contract with Dallas-based CorrHealth LLC for pharmacy and medical services at the jail when the county’s contract with the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston expires in August.
Commissioners on Thursday also approved:
• Acceptance of $2,500 in combined donations from New Braunfels/Comal County Crime Stoppers, ValMark Chevrolet and Cinestarz Entertainment LLC to benefit the sheriff’s office’s Junior Deputy Academy.
• Amended plats combining lots in portions of the Vintage Oaks at the Vineyard and Mystic Shores subdivisions.
• A $23,320 contract with HHM & Associates, Inc. for preparing Comal County Historical Commission nominations of Mission Valley School and Teacherage and Pape-Borchers Homestead for inclusion in the National Register of Historic Places.
• The appointment of Mason Morris as an unpaid Precinct 2 Reserve Deputy Constable.
• Renewing Precinct 3 Constable’s office participation in the state’s Law Enforcement Support Program.
• Line-item budget transfers of $10,500 for information technology department software upgrades; and $4,700 for road and bridge department equipment.
To access Thursday’s meeting video and agenda, visit www.co.comal.tx.us/agenda.htm.