William “Bill” Byers was only 21 when the crew of Apollo 11 stepped foot on the moon marking history for mankind.
Today is the 50th Anniversary of Apollo 11 and man’s first step on the moon, an event that left a longstanding impression on New Braunfelsers who witnessed it.
More Local News
Charlie Duke’s smile is just as big as it was 40-plus years ago when he talks about walking on the lunar surface of the moon for the first time.
Senior citizens and children were among the many in the audience at the Free Young People’s Concert on Thursday at the McKenna Events Center.
- Man drowns in Guadalupe River
- CCSO won’t confirm river incident as an attack
- Body found in pocket on Guadalupe River bottom
- Houston-area woman beaten after tubing
- Woman loses $77K in car burglary
- New Braunfels’ faith plays a role in marriage numbers
- Joy Lou Schriewer
- NB man sentenced to 99-years for 2017 stabbing
- Nathan Leon Self
- Michael “Bubba” Taylor